FLORIDA MAKEUP HAUL!


I'm sure anyone will agree that going on holiday means you need to treat yourself to some goodies while you're there. I couldn't resist getting my hands on some makeup items that I've been after for such a long time and thought this would be the perfect opportunity!

First up is my 'little' trip to Sephora. We went to Mall at Millenia one morning and I was SO excited to finally be shopping in Sephora as we don't have them here in the UK. I was amazed by every little thing in there and I may have done a bit of damage to my bank account, oops.

The one thing I really wanted to get whilst I was there was the Nars Sheer Glow foundation as I've been lusting after it for ages. One of the lovely ladies who worked there matched me to the second lightest shade which is Mont Blanc. I have only tried this foundation once since being back and I already love it! I also picked up the new Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer. I currently use the Naked Skin foundation and I think it's amazing so I couldn't wait to try the concealer. I love how the lightest shade was super pale so it will be perfect for under the eyes to give a brightening effect. (I will get on to the Bobbi Brown product later in this post)


I've heard so many great things about the 'Better Than Sex' mascara from Too Faced so as soon as I spotted it, I put it straight in my basket! Having quite short lashes, I am always looking for ways to make them appear longer and fuller and when I saw that Clinique did a lash primer I was super excited. I have a few Clinique mascaras already and they are truly incredible, so i'm hoping that the primer works just as well.


Before I went to Florida I knew that I definitely wanted to get a new eyeshadow palette and I originally decided on the Smashbox Full Exposure. After chatting to the ladies who work in Sephora and having eyeshadow swatches all the way up my arm, I decided on the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette and I am SO glad I made this choice! They weren't lying when they said it smells like chocolate too, it smells good enough to eat! The shades in this palette are amazing and are all incredibly pigmented. I then had a little browse through Sephora's own brand of brushes and I just had to pick up a fluffy blending brush which is so so soft!


I think Sephora is quite well known for its mini sample size versions of popular products that lure you in when queuing for the tills. I couldn't resist picking up this super cute and tiny double ended lipstick from Bite which has the shades 'Fig' and 'Date'. I've always wanted to try the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray but didn't want to purchase the full size incase I didn't like it, so when I saw they they had the miniature versions I just had to grab one.


The one thing I love about travelling from Manchester Airport is the Mac counter in duty free. I spent quite a while there browsing all the products until I finally decided on three that I just had to buy. I picked up an eyeshadow in 'Give Me Fire' which is from one of their newest collections and this colour is stunning! I also wanted to get a new paint pot as I adore them so I opted for the colour 'Vintage Selection' and I have to say, I think this is my new favourite. I then decided to pick up the lipstick in 'Angel' as I've wanted it for quite a while so thought it was the perfect opportunity to get it at a cheaper price.

I've saved the best until last... On the plane coming home I really wanted to take advantage of the onboard shopping as my final treat of the holiday. I had spotted the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick and was sold straight away. Unfortunately, I was extremely travel sick all the way back and I didn't even notice the duty free cart go past us. However, those lovely parents of mine knew that I wanted to get it so they very kindly bought it for me as a little surprise once I felt better. I am in LOVE. I got the shade 'Wild Rose' and it is literally perfection. I love the gold and black packaging - it looks so sleek and the product inside takes my breath away every time I swatch it. Definitely recommend this one!


Let me know if you'd like to see reviews on any of these products and I will happily do so! Have you tried anything I've mentioned?

Beth x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post - certainly makes me jealous haha! The Bobbi Brown shimmer brick looks amazing!

    Hannah xx
    http://littlevintagecloset.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shimmer brick has become one of my absolute favourites! it's so stunning :)

      Beth x

      Delete