MY MAC LIPSTICKS!


I'm sure you've read so many blog posts where people share there huge collection of Mac lipsticks. Unfortunately this won't be one of them as I actually only own 5, however, I still thought it would be nice to share them with you as I absolutely adore them.


Syrup
This is my all time favourite lipstick and I wear this every single day for work. It is a beautiful muted pink colour with hints of plum which is perfect for every day wear. This is the type of lipstick you can just throw on when you're in a rush and not have to worry about wearing a lip liner with it. It's a Lustre finish which is super creamy and although it is quite sheer on first application, it's easily buildable. I would definitely suggest this lipstick if you're looking for that perfect every day shade.

Speak Louder
This shade is a vibrant pink with blue undertones. I love this colour as I find hot pinks look really nice with my skin tone and dark hair. As it is a Cremesheen finish, it applies smoothly and it is extremely opaque. The thing I love most about this particular lipstick is that it isn't drying in the slightest and it doesn't bleed.

Angel
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this lipstick. I think the colour is absolutely stunning as it is a light pink/nude that is perfect for every day wear. However, I find this lipstick clings to the dry patches on my lips. I don't know whether it is because this is a Frost formula or whether it is just this particular lipstick but I don't find myself reaching for this one that often. I wish this lipstick was a little more hydrating as I love the colour!

Viva Glam Miley
First of all, I love the principle behind the Viva Glam lipsticks as every penny goes to the Mac AIDS fund which helps people all over the world that are living with HIV and AIDS. I love how the packaging is slightly different with the bright pink/red rather than the traditional silver detailing. This colour is actually very similar to Speak Louder with it being a hot pink with slight blue undertones but I find that this is just that little bit more vibrant. Being an Amplified finish it is super easy to apply. I actually really love to wear this lipstick with a red lip liner as it creates a beautiful raspberry ombre effect.

Rebel
This is the most recent Mac lipstick in my little collection and I am so in love with it. It is a perfect berry colour that doesn't look too 'vampy' but also stands out on the lips. This lipstick is a Satin finish which I was a bit worried about at first as I thought it may cling to dry patches but it really doesn't and it lasts such a long time compared to the others. It is quite a bold colour so I tend to wear this more at night rather than in the day. I also love the fact that once the colour has worn off it leaves a lovely plum stain on the lips.

I can't wait to expand my Mac lipstick collection. What are your favourite shades? Let me know in the comments..

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment