HOW I DEAL WITH DRY SKIN!

I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds having dry skin SO annoying! Over the years I have had to try and find those perfect products that will keep my pesky dry patches at bay. After searching high and low, I'm finally happy with everything I'm doing to help my skin stay hydrated and as a result, make my makeup application a lot easier and also look a lot better. I thought I'd share with you how I personally deal with dry skin..

When you have dry skin, it is important to exfoliate. However, don't make the mistake I did where I used to exfoliate every single day as this can actually irritate your skin, making it even drier. I tend to exfoliate 2 - 3 times a week using the St Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub. This scrub is formulated for sensitive skin which is amazing as it means it is gentle and won't irritate your skin. It is also extremely important to moisturise every morning and every night. The only moisturiser I've found that really hydrates my skin is the Clinique Moisture Surge. Although this little pot of joy is more on the pricey side, I am willing to splurge on it if it's going to make a difference, which it certainly does! I also get very dry under my eyes so using an eye cream is key. I use the Clinique All About Eyes as it is super rich and creamy which really hydrates and brightens my under eye area. Love this stuff!

Moving on to makeup, I find that it is better to have that dewy, glowing look rather than a completely matte finish as this will make your skin look a lot less dry than it actually is. For primers I tend to use ones that are illuminating to give me that 'lit from within' glowy look. I love the L'Oreal Lumi Magique primer. For foundations, it's better to use one that isn't too heavy and cakey looking as this can really cling to dry patches making them easily noticeable. I love using either Urban Decay Naked Skin or Nars Sheer Glow as I find they look really natural whilst covering any redness/blemishes you may have. Another tip I would give to those with dry skin, is to use as many cream products as possible and avoid powders. The only powder I use on my face is to set my under eye concealer so it doesn't crease but apart from that I avoid at all costs as this is what accentuates my dryness. Although I personally don't use that much blush, I would suggest cream blushes/bronzers rather than powder for this reason.

If you're like me and also have dry lips, I would suggest using a lip balm that will really hydrate them. I find that balms like the Maybelline Baby Lips really don't work for me as they tend to leave my lips feeling drier after they've worn off. I love to use the Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment overnight as it really soaks in and leaves me with soft lips when I wake in the morning which makes putting on lipstick a dream!

The last thing I like to do is use a hydrating setting spray. I've been loving the Urban Decay 'Chill' setting spray as it really refreshes my skin and makes everything look lovely and glowing as well as keeping your makeup in place all day long. 

Hopefully this may have given anyone with dry skin like mine a few tips and some product recommendations to help you combat yours! Do you have any particular products that help you? Let me know in the comments and I'll give them a try..

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment